Website ITERA Mobility Engineering
Powered by attitude
At Itera Mobility Engineering US, we are searching for candidates to fill future needs within the automotive business in South Caroline ,United States. The candidate will work on a Project for one of the main manufacturers in the automotive sector, participating in Paint process.
This position will support the manufacturing location to develop, document, and execute manufacturing paint processes, systems, and procedures to support painting, and assembly integration.
The Paint process Engineer will also provide critical input in formulating manufacturing strategies, defining business processes, facility planning, and driving engineering standards throughout the sites.
- Support the development or management of technical capabilities, process roadmaps, and manufacturing strategies to meet key customer requirements including both internal and external customers.
- Constantly evaluates all phases of the paint process (cleaning, sanding, coats application, detailing, etc) seeking for excellence in safety, quality, cycle and cost aspects.
- Promotes the technical integration between all operations and engineering departments aiming processes improvements implementation, new materials testing and approval, and dissemination of technical knowledge.
- Resolves complex paint process problems by collecting and analyzing information; researching, analyzing, adapting, and modifying engineering techniques; recommending solutions; reviewing drawings; evaluating processes, components, and materials; resolving design integration issues.
- Assist the site manufacturing teams with the development, justification, and execution of long-range plans to meet corporate objectives. This will include production launch activities, plant layouts, and engineering change control activities.
- Assist in evaluation of capacity planning for paint equipment and processes to ensure ability to meet takt time and customer requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering is required.
- 5 -10 years of practical work experience OR Masters in technical or business discipline.
- Experience in manufacturing engineering functional support teams for automotive projects with an understanding of manufacturing engineering and quality requirements for such projects.
- Technical experience in the creation of manufacturing strategies including make/buy decisions, equipment requirements, process definition, work area layout, tooling requirements, takt time evaluation, and capacity planning.
- Demonstrated expertise in Lean principles, manufacturing metrics, and continuous improvement.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to deal effectively with all levels of management
- Work Location: South Carolina
***U.S. work authorization (visa) is a required for this position***
Join our team and be a part of shaping the future of the automotive industry!